Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Made it to the finals

Holla! It's the time of the year again, Pole Stars Malaysia! Coming right up on May 22, 2010 on a very lovely Saturday.

The usual, panic slowly starts to set in due to insufficient preparation so far with a full time job to deal with so many students, yes, I am a lecturer now; and part time job at certain nights of the week, yes, I am also officially a pole instructor! Only Beginner instructor though. And many thanks for Viva Vertical leaders for the never ending support during the process.

So, by me obtaining the 1st prize from last year's competition in the amateur FitPole category, it has push me to face greater challenge this year -- Professional category, which obviously I am pretty much not ready as I still have lots to learn in terms of skills and showmanship. By having said that, it is actually a great chance to expose myself among these excellent pole dancers and to learn from them. And I hope from within, I could improve myself to be a more all-rounded pole dancer-instructor. "You actually learn more through the experience of performing" quoted Sam -- my ever caring instructor. She is competing in the same category as well, go Sam!

Anyhow, I am advised to blog about my thoughts and experience of the journey to Pole Stars, so finally I manage to get myself to blog today as I was busy with students' project assessment in college, glad it is almost over, just a little bits left to complete, but you know, things always turn up and I will be away and busy again this weekend, and and.. Oh well, it never ends so enough babbling, here is my little clip of the submission video..




Those who do not already know about this competition, you can check it out at www.mypolestars.com And if you wish to attend this event, either to support me or to just enjoy the night full of tentalizing art performances, you may contact me here by May 18, 2010, and I shall help you submit your name with payment of RM20 early bird discounts. Besides, this year we have the beautiful Davina Goh to perform as well to raise donation and it will go to a selected charity.

I will try my best to keep ya'll posted on my progress shall there be time for me to blog ya.

Pole love & care,
Olly

2 comments:

  1. awesome stuff babe!!!! can't wait for finals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nass =) But I'm starting to be terrified of the finals, lol.

    ReplyDelete