Friday, June 5, 2009

Final thoughts

Exhausted? Yes.. I've been hardcore poling, sprained my left forearm a little last night and can feel the tenseness of the muscle, definitely need a break.
Nervous? H*ll yea.. To showcase in front of public! The last time I did it was in high school when I was young, brave and care less; now I'm a olddd chicken.
Excited? Yes.. Definitely, to be able to perform an art form again, that brings back memories (whether I'll do it well is another matter)
Scared? Yes.. Of my left forearm, if it doesn't allow me to execute my routine then and sweaty palms that would fail everything else.
Fun? Yes.. Despite all concerns and pressure, it's definitely a fun interactive experience and a chance to push myself to the limit by understanding my own capabilities better.

Last words?
This is the last day till the Semi Final/ Grand Finale (tomorrow!). I won't be doing much today except for working during the day and just chill at night. As for practice, my body says "Enough, time for a break to recharge and recover from all the sores for tomorrow". I would not say it's been a perfect training so far, at least for me, but this is the best I can do and the limits of how much the body can take, wouldn't want the imaginary break down to come true.

I had another hardcore session of training last night and made full use of the time I have left. I met Kerry Ann there and I believe she's an experience dancer (at least looks like one); though fresh in pole dance but I'm sure she'll do just fine. At the end of the training, I figured, there are rounds that I can do it well but there are rounds that I can't complete it; and it all depends on the emotions and nerves, pretty much hard to control I would say, for not being nervous. Will just have to recover and compromise and hopefully I won't go brain dead when that happens. Again, easy said and done.

For someone who only just had 3 months of pole lessons, I'm honoured to be part of this showcase/ competition but also contradicting myself of my own standards to actually be in this. Whatever it is, many thanks to you out there who has been encouraging me all along and those who are attending the event to show support, I'll give me very best to be the best pole dancer out of myself and most of all, to give you guys a good show!

Oh by the way, there will celebrities performing to raise funds for WWF and WOA, how cool is that! And some of the instructors and students will be performing as well! So this event is going to be a blast!

3 comments:

  1. Hey!

    All d best tomw. U show em! But have fun!!

    Deep

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olly Bolly!
    Good lark^^
    Tree bark
    And his name is Mark
    Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ye'll do great luv! Just remember; positive energy and wotnot. Try massaging nutmeg oil in the hurty bits and ye should be right as rain in a few hours. Good luck with yer performance tonight!

    Hugs 'n' snogs.

    -Chris 'n' Bonsai.

    ReplyDelete