Sunday, June 7, 2009

Unexpected achievement and many thanks

It was a blast event and I actually feel young again, not that I'm really old now, it's just the feeling of being young, brave and just out there to have fun!

Winning the Fitpole category was unexpected and unbelievable but I have to admit it gives me a sense of achievement and assurance, that I'm good at this sport and what I love doing.

When they announced Chunky Monkey to be the runner up, I already believed that I won't stand a chance. Why? 1. I fell during the Semi Final but I got through and that's probably luck. 2. I slipped again at the end of my solo for Grand Final. 3. I repeated a technique twice cause I forgot my steps. 4. All these mistakes ain't suppose to take place in a competition. 5. I was already disappointed for those mistakes, what's more the judges. Most of all, 6. the others showcased more advance techniques than I do.

Hence, when they are about to announce the winner, I was just sitting back, chit chatting with my friends whom came to support. I didn't even hear my name until they repeatedly call my name. The first thought was "What!?! I slipped with an unsatisfied ending (pose) and I'm the winner???" Then you know, went up to receive the prize from Vee and Lola, they looked absolutely stunning!

I was still in shock and only feel the excitement of winning today. It's unbelievable and I'm still trying to rationalise what makes me deserve this honourable title after all the mistakes I did. I wish there would be an evaluation time with the judges to understand my strengths and weakness, that's how one can improve.

On top of it all, I would like to share this moment with my team mates : Lolita, Jenny, Mona, Kylie, Chunky Monkey, and the Exotic team for giving them a good show and proves to ourselves that we can do it!

Also many thanks to my friends who attended the event, Shammy (for the stunning make up), Weei Boon, Alice, Arica, Audrey(s), Kenji, Christina, Wat Boon, Ee Leng (for the skirt), William, Charles and most importantly, my boo! For those who can't make it to the event, thanks for the moral support after all this while. And my instructor, Samantha who believes in me and keep ensuring me of my capability. Muahh to you guys! This is the biggest award apart from the title!

This won't be the end of me but maybe a little less active since nothing big is gonna happen later, just back to usual work and pole classes.

For polers out there, keep rocking!

PS : There will be loads of pics published here soon, will keep you guys posted.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS OLLY!!!
    it was an amazing experience after all..

    ReplyDelete
  2. which i could be there la.... =(

    ReplyDelete