Thursday, May 14, 2009

Where the journey starts

I made it! At least for the Preliminary.
At the bottom is my video (1st video ever recorded) that I submitted for the Preliminary, actually it was my 2nd recording.

A little insight from the beginning.
I did my 1st recording and wasn't satisfied with it, so I reselected a new genre of song and started to choreograph new routine in my mind, expressing the song yet incorporating the routine from the pre-choreographed video given.
When I finally get to put the routine in my mind into practice, the blister I got from previous practice burst and I couldn't perform even a simple spin, what's more making a single recording.
I was devastated cause I don't have a good video to submit though I already had the 1st recording, not satisfied.
To speed up the recovery of the blister, I've open up the "bubble" and pour antiseptic liquid for wounds in it so it dries faster. Ooh.. darn it hurts.

Then comes the weekend and I book myself a spot for pole access. There I meet Kenny aka Flipper again and we did the recording together, and also met Jon Ti aka Chunky Monkey. They are all great and have taught me a thing or two.
Having to bear with still, some slight pain at the blister area, I manage to make my 2nd recording, pheww.. Though not perfect but I feel more attached to the routine and the song.
I've shown it to my instructor and some friends for opinions and all have given me very constructive comments. Finally, I've chosen to submit the 2nd video.

And here I am, given good chance to join other good pole dancers for Semi Finals, which we'll be practicing a group routine together for the weeks to come and perform during the Grand Finale, 6th June 2009. So girls! Oh and guy too, let's train hard together and give them all a good performance.

And watch out for what comes next ;)



The ending counts but the journey matters more.

4 comments:

  1. Amboi...never knew you could do that...very good. am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably the sportiest looking girl in the bunch, the question will be can you beat your own expectation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bakelicious but I can't take all the credit to myself, most of us can do similar techniques, especially those girls that I'll be training together with for the group routine which we'll be performing on the Grand Finale.

    Thanks again for encouragement and stay tuned! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anonymous (Hmm.. I can probably guess who you are), thanks for the assurance but yea, own expectation is my fear, I'm my own PITA when I wanna achieve something and it can be tough. Whatever it is, I'll always try my best otherwise don't bother do it at all. Just hope my body (my back) can take the pressure. Do stay tuned for more =)

    ReplyDelete